Thursday, April 20, 2006

Good Christians

I'm not sure what my fascination with Christianity amounts to, at times. Sometimes I think that it's just sort of like morbid curiosity, but then I manage to convince myself that it's more than that--I recognize that so many of those around me at least profess to be Christians that I need to learn to interact with Christians in as healthy a way as possible. So I try to find inroads to knowing/liking 'em where I can.

Here's a new inroad: Go check out The Green Knight's take on the claims by some Christians that they are being oppressed by secularists.

I think part of what I like about The Green Knight is that he or she seems like a moderate sort of Christian who is not afraid to take on the less-than-good elements within Christiandom; in fact, he or she seems to revel in taking them on, seems to think it's both necessary and important. I like that because I think it is somewhat the responsibility of all Christians to do so (and of all Americans to take crazy Americans to task, all Buddhists to take the crazy Buddhists to task, etc.).



Filed under:Religion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home